Is located at 134 S. Mason St. It contains The Patricia Loomis History Library and Research Center. The home was constructed in the late 1800's and has been restored to its original beauty. It can be rented for weddings as it includes a bridal room and catering kitchen. Ruby's House is operated by the South County Historical Society and is open weekdays, 1-5 pm.
This building is on the National Register of Historical Places and was the meeting place for the Odd Fellows. It was built in 1902 on land donated in 1898 by Mrs. Elston. Ben Stuart, a local contractor did the stone work. This two and half story structure is faced with native sandstone which came from a quarry south of Arroyo Grande. The building was completed in six months at a cost of $5,500. It was dedicated on January 10, 1903. Since 1985, the hall has been occupied and used for functions by the South County Historical Society. It is located at 128 Bridge St.
The Barn Museum is located on Short Street next to the School House in Heritage Square. It was built in 2005 to store and display many artifacts from the agricultural history of the Arroyo Grande Valley, as well as several antique vehicles and carriages.The Barn is operated by the South County Historical Society and is open Saturdays, 12-3 pm and Sundays,1-3 pm.
This building and garden are located at 126 S. Mason St. This home was built in the late 1800's but the exact date is unknown. Records show the property was sold in 1895 to Charles A. Pitman. In 1906 the house was then sold to Dr. H.S. Walters and was known for many years as "Dr. Walter's Sanitarium. Through the years, several families resided in the house. In 1948, it was turned into a duplex and the Travis and Roundtree families lived there. The Roundtrees owned the house and sold it to Travis in 1961. The home was then purchased by the city of Arroyo Grande in December, 1976. It was utilized as a day care center and home of the Parks and Recreation Department. In 1997, the South County Historical Society acquired the home and performed a major restoration by converting it into a cultural museum and visitor center. A gazebo and period garden were renovated and are used for social events and weddings. The restoration work was done by volunteers from the society, community, and local businesses. Museum Hours are Saturdays, 12-3 pm and Sundays, 1-3 pm.
The school house building is completely restored to its original use including the school books, maps, slate boards, pictures, etc. It is currently owned and maintained by the South County Historical Society and is open for viewing on Saturdays, 12-3 pm and on Sundays, 1-3 pm.
The Paulding House is located at 551 Crown Hill St. it was the home of Dr. Edwin Paulding, Arroyo Grande's first permanent doctor who came to the town in 1882. He married his bride Clara (Edwards) and their daughter, Ruth was born in the home. Dr. Paulding was a talented woodworker and the house is filled with amazing artifacts of the 19th century. Ruth became a teacher and taught in the local schools for many years. She died in 1985 at the age of 93 and generously left the house and contents to the San Luis Obispo County Historical Society. The property was then passed on to the South County Hisotrical Society in 1998 where it is now open for viewing on the first Saturday of the month from 1-3 pm.