Arroyo Grande is centered between Los Angeles, San Francisco, the Pacific Ocean, and the Santa Lucia Range — placing our quaint village just minutes from the beach, mountains, and wine country! Just a short distance from the San Luis Obispo County Airport and Grover Beach Train Depot, US-101 and CA-227 meet at the Village entrance, providing easy access for vacation and business visitors alike.
• From the Bay Area, the most scenic route is Highway 1, but it is a very winding road taking about five hours to travel.
• The most direct route is U.S. 101 South, taking three to four hours to travel.
• From the Los Angeles area, take U.S. Highway 101 North (Ventura Freeway), taking three to four hours to travel.
• From the East, take Highway 46 or Highway 166 East to U.S. 101 and follow the signs to Arroyo Grande.
• Exit Highway 101 at Grand Avenue.Turn East, Grand Avenue becomes Branch Street.Proceed 2 blocks into the Village of Arroyo Grande.
Google Maps provides maps and driving directions.
Traveling by Air
San Luis Obispo County Airport, located just 20 minutes from the Village, provides flight and rental car information and reservations.
Traveling by Train
Amtrak (Grover Beach Station), Four Pacific Surfliners stop @ the Grover Beach Amtrak Station daily (two northbound & two southbound)
Traveling by Bus
Greyhound, with service to Grover Beach, just 10 minutes from the Village, provides daily bus schedules and reservations.
South County Area Transit provides local bus transportation in Arroyo Grande, Grover Beach, Oceano, Pismo Beach, and Shell Beach.
Ride-On Transportation provides door-to-door shuttle service. Make reservations at least 24 hours in advance.
Free parking is available throughout the Village on city streets and in the parking lots shown on the map below.